The library has re-opened! Our temporary hours are:
Monday-Saturday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
All patrons are encouraged to practice social distancing.
All patrons are encouraged to wear masks.
The library reserves the right to impose occupancy limits, if necessary.
Hand sanitizer is available for use at all service desks and additional locations throughout the library. Patrons may also wash their hands at the sinks in the public restrooms.
All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before being reshelved.
The library has enacted enhanced cleaning protocols, including frequent cleaning of high-touch services.
All keyboards and computer mice will be covered with protective sleeves, which will be changed between each use.
Only the following services/programs will be available:
- Borrowing of materials
- Limited capacity computer lab access:
- One session (up to one hour) per person per day
- Due to social distancing guidelines, only one person at a station at a time
- Due to social distancing guidelines, children are not allowed to be in the computer lab with their parents/guardians
- Staff will not be able to provide one-on-one assistance with the computer at this time.
- Four charging tables with a limit of 30 minutes per use (no seating is available at these stations). Charging stations are available from 9 AM to 5 PM.
- Indiana Room print collections
- Summer Reading Program – details coming soon!
- WiFi – Available throughout building and exterior/parking lot
- VITA tax assistance program – to be determined
The following services are suspended until further notice:
- Public seating
- Public programs and meetings
- Literacy tutoring
- MakerSpace, including 3D printing
- Study rooms
- Homebound service
- Interlibrary loan
- Puppets, puzzles, blocks, and children’s AWE computers in Youth Services
- Ellison die-cut machine
- Public faxing
- Microfilm use
- Magazine and book sale
- NO DONATIONS of any kind will be accepted.
Patrons may not plug their devices in outlets other than those in the 4 charging tables.
Patrons may not sit on the floor or tables.
Patrons will not be charged any fines on materials from the period of March 1, 2020 to June 14, 2020.
No curbside service is available.
Book drops will be opened on Monday, June 1.
E-books and e-audiobooks are available on mobile devices through our free Axis 360 app (download from the App Store and Google Play Store). They can also be streamed from our Axis 360 website at https://mclib.axis360.baker-taylor.com/. Find out more about Axis 360 at https://www.mclib.org/books-movies-more/ebooks-eaudiobooks/
Additional online resources are available at https://www.mclib.org/books-movies-more/articles-databases/