For the safety of your children, the Michigan City Public Library has adopted the following polices regarding children in the library:
- Children under the age of 10 (ages 0-9) must have adult supervision at all times while in the library, except while participating in library programs.
- Children ages 10 – 12 (excluding scheduled volunteers) must have an adult somewhere in the library.
- Children ages 13 and over may be in the library without adult supervision.
- An “adult” is defined as one who has obtained legal age and/or exhibits an acceptable level of maturity.
- The library reserves the right to require children ages 10 years and over to have adult supervision at all times, if the child’s behavior warrants supervision. Examples of behaviors that warrant supervision are, but not limited to: loud outbursts, running, and disregarding staff instructions.