The Michigan City Public Library is here to help teachers! We coordinate with you to bring library services and materials to your students. Here are some of the things that we offer for free:
- Library tours
- S.T.E.M. and S.T.E.A.M. programs
- A Makerspace with 3-D printers and a variety of independent and library-led projects
- “How DEWEY Do That?” (non-fiction scavenger hunt)
- “Look What’s New at the Library” (interactive presentation of new library materials)
- “Puppet Pals” (children choose from over 100 puppets and read a story to them)
- eBooks and eAudiobooks for kids and teens
- eCards that provide access to all of our online databases, eBooks, and digital materials
- Ellison die cut machine to create shapes for displays and projects.
- Online databases and research resources for kids and teens
- Launchpads, pre-loaded learning tablets with age-appropriate educational apps for kids or teens
Do you need library resources, a visit from a librarian, a field trip to the library, or other support for your classroom? Call Youth Services at 219-873-3045 or fill out our teacher request form.